Sunday, April 24, 2016

How to make A Chateau into your very own . . .

How to make a Chateau into your very own.

Day 1 :

I read the directions :0

(There aren't any Cliff Notes . . . Do you remember those familiar yellow & black covers : / )

But you don't need Cliff. The instructions are concise & clear.

I marked each piece of wood with a pencil & the individual piece number "2a" or "6f" etc. (The part numbers are all illustrated in the instructions)

Next step . . .

Painting. Inside & out. (Putting a base coat on the interior is important.

Even if you'll be wallpapering . . . The paint seals the wood & your walls or wallpaper won't become discolored over time by just adding this one little step.

I'll need to go to Ace tomorrow to choose an exterior color that fits my vision.

Though I see taupe & a cream color for trim, I wonder if it could be more interesting.

Hmmm . . . Those colors are very tasteful. . .

Im just wondering what "pushing the envelope" a bit will bring. . .

I think the reward may outweigh the "risk".

I recommend that you make this house full of your own personal preferences.

I always say. "Go with what you love & you'll never have regrets".

Next. Consider your floor plan & available space.

What rooms would you like to create?

These are YOUR available rooms. Do with them what you will :))

Before wiring for electricity, think about where you'd like to place lighting . . .
Chandeliers . . .  Sooo romantic!! Table lamps. Floor lamps.

You'll need to keep in mind the fixtures you'll want. Plan for these chandeliers, wall sconces & table lamps.

Personally, I'm the person who just needs to cover ALLL of her bases by wrapping copper electrical
tape fully around & on top of every room so that I know that all of my options are open to me.

Ahh. The freedom of options. Takes some sweat equity up front but, then, the world is your oyster.

So. Being someone who multitasks lol . . . I'm thinking about my color choices. (The fun part!)

I need to define the purpose of each room.

Where do I want wallpaper?

& of course, where do I want light fixtures. OR. Where do I have electricity available?

I hope this glimpse into my project will be helpful to you with your own project(s).

Maybe I can lend an idea or a tip. Hope so.

Dollhouses are nothing if they are not yours.

Enjoy!
Susan xo

This Chateau dollhouse kit is available in my shop. Http://www.MiniatureRoseGarden.etsy.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment