Sunday, December 8, 2013

Welcome all lovers of Miniatures!

Hi everyone! My name is Susan. I am proud to be wife to my wonderful husband, Greg.
Mother to a fabulous teenager (isn't that an oxymoron??), Maddiie.
Daughter to inspiring parents (married over 56 years - more about them in posts yet to be written).
I have a shop that I love (Http://www.MiniatureRoseGarden.Etsy.com) . . . I aspire to create all of the ideas that my mind keeps kicking out, filling notebook after notebook. . . making me feel behind all the time since I'm working on last year's idea lol - I'll never catch up! However I'm grateful to be more inspired all the time. My enthusiasm never wanes.  
I love the Romantic style but I must say I am eclectic. I think a house . . . And dollhouses are no different. . . Are decorated by choosing all pieces that you really love. When you get them all together and the common theme is you, that you loved them & they are your innate taste, how can you go wrong? I just wouldn't buy items that you have to convince yourself to like. And unless it's going to hurt your family, if a piece is expensive but you LOVE LOVE LOVE it. You won't regret buying it.
Many of you are looking for how to decorate your dollhouse. I would imagine life as it would be if you could have anything you liked & the decor of your dreams . . . You name it!  Whatever your fantasy is. You can't necessary live it in real life but you can do ANYTHING in miniature. Whatever speaks to you. Design to your longtime desires. Many of you have expressed their love of the feminine romantic Shabby Chic look . . translate that into your own private dressing room. . . a space of your own. . .decorated in your specific taste without having to take anyone else into consideration. An inviting chaise perhaps? upholstered in a tea stained floral. . . A soft ballet pink dressing table with a brilliant mirror . . . the frame is surrounded by a garland, shades of graduated pink paper roses on a rope of greenery . . . you feel you're in a garden yet also have the cool elegance of the vintage beveled glass, your favorite family photos tucked into the inner edge of the gilded frame. . .
Have you wanted to try the all white look? My friend Kendall was telling me that she's quite relieved (or was it her children that were relieved?? lol) that she doesn't have to paint her antiques white to bring this desire to fruition.
Let miniatures be your escape. Your relaxing little world. When you go to work on it, let it be play,  let all your troubles melt away.
I have found that I began creating miniatures for the same reason many other people have taken to this charming hobby - something overwhelming was happening in my personal life and somehow/luckily, rather than doing something foolish and self destructive, I looked to the hobby that I enjoyed so much and immersed myself even more. I found comfort and peace in the stroke of the brush. I could lose myself painting and give my mind a rest from all the outside stress and turmoil.
I wish the same for all of you . . . peace. xoxo Susan   Http://www.MiniatureRoseGarden.Etsy.com


4 comments:

  1. Well! Perfect! Finally gave the first step in the blog .. now you have to make entries and be constant ... not like me ... I have not update my blog from too long ago, and I think it has cobwebs ...

    A big hug, dear Susan, from Barcelona.
    Maria José (LugArt petit)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sweet friend from Barcelona . . Thank you! I will take your advise . . . you show a wonderful example in so many ways . . you don't need to post - I love your blog the way it is - truly - that's how I was finally able to put my list together for you lol xoxo Susan

      Delete
  2. Are you trying to sneak into blog world without me knowing! I found you out! Now post all those marvelous little minis of yours. The world must see them!! You'll be super successful with this blog and you'll meet very nice and warm people along the way. I'm waiting for your next post!
    hugs♥,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caroline, beautiful inside and out. . . Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete