Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year!!

Hello Friends . . .

I often wonder. And as many of you know, I often ask, what is your decorating style? It's one way I like to get to know you all better. 
I spoke to Susan the other day. Her style is "French Victorian" in all blue & white - because it's what she loves, she explained - exactly!
Ellen loves everything Teddy Bear . . . She shared photos of rooms from her Bear Cottage   


  and Ursa Manor as well, this home & its residents are dressed up for the holidays.




Some say Victorian. Occasionally I hear mid century modern. Many have said Romantic Shabby Chic which, to me, although I'm eclectic, is a wonderful notion. . . Feminine, soft focus, vintage.
I pictures antiques. . . Actual or replica . . . And charming floral fabrics, tea stained maybe. . .  antique lace. A very live able personal space, Not overly formal - for me anyway lol  . . . But, I digress.
I would really like to know your styles. If romantic shabby chic is you, how do you interpret it?

Some people ask questions to fill space. I'd really love to know your style, your lifestyle & decorating dreams, as you may know, I believe that you can live these out vicariously through your dollhouses, your miniatures. & This will not surprise you - I send a warm welcome to any pictures that you'd like to send!
(Message me through through this blog or the Etsy shop Http://www.MiniatureRoseGarden.etsy.com)

In small scale you don't have to be practical. In materials or thoughts of compromising for your partner's preferences. Budgets. Prices are not the dilemna in 1:12, 1:24, 1:144 or 1:6 scale compared to 100% real life.

This is Maddiiee, 15 1/2. She just got her driving permit. Those are my keys in her hand. She's doing fantastic. I'm grateful!


My daughter Maddiiee & I were in a really interesting shop recently. The decor had such great style. I'm trying to put words to it. Vintage Rocker Chic. It had all the elements that are so popular but it was very edgy with the use of black & platinum. Wrought iron lighting fixtures. Walnut antiques. There was a tin ceiling, the details punctuated by the use of platinum paint. It was so vintage & believable. The whole atmosphere took you in. 






When I spoke with the shop owner, he told me that the replica tin ceiling had been bought at Home Depot. They had personalized it of course. He said it had been very very expensive. 

I'll be putting replica tin ceiling up in the shop this week. This is a great example of how you can get an  element that exudes so much style and helps create your vintage atmosphere yet rather than breaking the bank as in the 100% world, it's very affordable in the dollhouse world.

I know in my household, we are looking forward to the turning over of the clock at midnight and the drop of the ball in Times Square etc. For us, 2013 was a difficult year. So from my family to yours, may we ALL have the happiest, healthiest & most prosperous year ever in 2014 - & for many many years to come!

Reflecting on this today, my husband Greg and I want to kick the new year off by extending a discount to you as a Thank you for your past business & a HAPPY NEW YEAR as well!!

Coupon HAPPY2014 offers you 14% off your total purchase of $40.00 or more. Valid thru January 2nd.
Http://www.MiniatureRoseGarden.etsy.com

XOXOXO Susan





A New Year's dress  - a photo at least - to usher in 2014 with style. . . 
This is one of my favorite stores - even if it's just to look around. Their style is French Boho Chic.  




Please don't be shy. Whether you reply publicly or privately, I would love to hear about your dollhouses. Your styles. I'd love pictures.
I invite you all to come together here to share with each other. I love when you include me by emailing pictures of your dollhouses, rooms and projects. 

Take 2014 to: Live it up. Live out your dreams. Escape into your perfect world.

Visit us on Facebook if you'd like.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Miniature-Rose-Garden/291449770962322?ref=hl

P.S.S.


Isn't this house amazing??

No comments:

Post a Comment